What is Writing-PAD?
Writing-PAD stands for Writing Purposefully in Art and Design
- It was initially funded by the Higher Education Academy.
- We are now self-funded by our founder members.
- It is a UK-based network that asks how artists and designers use writing in their practices.
- Our vision of writing within creative practice encourages us to share methods that will support, enhance, or inform practical work.
- If you, or your university, is interested to join, email Julia Lockheart
- We held a successful Writing-PAD conference at Goldsmiths, University of London on 21 September 2006
- We launched our (international) Journal of Writing in Creative Practice in December 2007