Guidelines for Journal Referees
This is to help guests to act as referees for article submitted to the Journal of WCP
We are grateful to you for agreeing to referee the enclosed/attached article.
The following questions may help you in providing feedback to the Author.
You may answer them one by one or as a single text to be communicated to the author:
- Do the title and the abstract reflect the content of the article adequately?
- Is the purpose of the research stated well?
- Is the significance of this research explained relative to the existing literature?
- Are there adequate references to other research?
- Is the article clearly written and well organized?
- Is there any typographical or syntactic confusion?
- Has the author explained well what was done?
- Has the author explained well why it was done?
- Does the paper show appropriate ingenuity in the methods used?
- Has the author indicated how trustworthy her, or his findings might be?
- Does the paper offer new insights and contribute to the development of the subject?
- Has the author explained well the implications of the results?
- Considering its content is the length of the article appropriate?
After due consideration, please recommend one of the following to the Editors.
a) - Accept with minor changes for publication as an article
b) - Request minor changes for publication as a short note or feature.
c) - Request a major revision for the article to be re-submitted for a new round of review.
d) - Suggest a more suitable publication to which the author may like to submit.
e) - Regard the article as not publishable.
- Please also provide comments that may be used as useful feedback to authors.
- It is useful to detail perceived faults with suggestions for improvement.
- Even when articles are rejected your comments may result in greatly improved resubmissions
- It may eventually result in new submissions, to this and other journals, at a later date.
- The referring system is vital to the quality of academic journals.
- The anonymity of the referee may makes it look like a thankless job.
However, referees are also authors on other occasions and may therefore
appreciate the comments they get in turn from you.
- Thank you in advance for your assistance.