Author's Copyright Consent Form
Please print and post us a signed copy of this form, otherwise publication cannot take place
Journal of Writing in Creative Practice
c/o Mrs. Ann Schlachter
Dept. of Design,
13, Laurie Grove,
Goldsmiths, University of London
The Policy of Intellect Ltd. (“the Publisher”) is to treat all Articles, Editorials, Reviews, Comments and Opinions (“the Contribution”) for publication in its journals and books in the same way. In order to protect the work of authors against unauthorised use and at the same time, facilitate legal dissemination of that work by means of off-prints, legitimate photocopies, electronic access, reprints, translations, document delivery and secondary information sources such as databases, abstracting and indexing services, it is necessary for the authors to transfer the copyright in a formal written manner. This consent ensures that the Publisher has the author’s permission to publish the work.
Title of your Contribution:
For the Journal of Writing in Creative Practice
1. The Author hereby assigns to the Publisher the copyright to the Contribution named above whereby the Publisher shall have the exclusive right to publish the Contribution and translations of it wholly or in part throughout the world during the full term of copyright including renewals and extensions and all subsidiary rights.
2. The Author retains the right to republish the Contribution in any collection consisting solely of the author’s own works without charge and subject only to notifying the Publisher of the intent to do so and to ensuring that the publication by the Publisher is properly credited and that the relevant copyright notice is repeated verbatim.
3. The Author retains moral and all proprietary rights other than copyright, such as patent and trade-mark rights to any process or procedure described in the Contribution.
4. The Author guarantees that the Contribution is original, has not been published previously, is not under consideration for publication elsewhere and that any necessary permission to quote or reproduce illustrations from another source has been obtained (A copy of any such permission should be sent with this form).
5. The Author guarantees that the Contribution contains no violation of any existing copyright or other third party right or material of an obscene, indecent, libelous or otherwise unlawful nature and will indemnify the Publisher against all claims arising from any breach of this warranty.
6. The author declares that any named person as co-author of the Contribution is aware of this agreement and has also agreed the above warranties.
To be signed by the author, also on behalf of any co-authors.