What do you think about RAE for designers? !!
- The (Middle French) roots of research meant 'to investigate thoroughly'.
- Does what we are doing (e.g. current research) fit into this definition?
- Wikipedia describes research as "an active, diligent, and systematic process of inquiry aimed at discovering, interpreting and revising facts." It says that "this intellectual investigation produces a greater understanding of events, behaviours, or theories, and makes practical applications through laws and theories. The term research is also used to describe a collection of information about a particular subject, and is usually associated with science and the scientific method."
- However you may like to edit (go to test page) the WritingPAD Project own glossary's definition of research that challenges the usefulness of this definition.
- The archives of the Design Research Society include definitions of design research
Return to main research page